Friday, October 24, 2008

Entertainment Weekly gives 'Heroes' some pointers

There has been much talk about this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly, in which the cover story talks about five ways to make "Heroes" likable/watchable/bearable/(insert choice word here) again. Even if you're a huge fan of the show and are one of the few who thinks this season is the best the show has ever been (like my roommate), these five things might make it a tad bit enjoyable.

I should say that I lost interest in the show after the first season (I'd say even after the pilot). It doesn't suit my style and it doesn't cater to my belief that shows should center on some sort of realistic ground (otherwise known as some sort of believable reality). One of the problems I have with it (and this also pertains to "Lost," unfortunately) is the convoluted story-telling based solely on time travel/past/present/future/whatever that frustrates me to absolutely no end.

But if the creators and writers actually follow through with the suggestions this EW writer is suggesting (and I've read from E! Online's Watch with Kristin that changes have already been in the works), then it might not be as bad as people are making this year out to be.

Take a gander at the article, then put your thoughts here.

No comments: